Imagine a city without a public transport network. How would people travel to work, to school, or to see friends and family? Public transport is crucial to the liveability of any city.
Here’s a snapshot of the advantages of using public transport:
- It helps foster a sense of community.
- It encourages people to have a more active healthy lifestyle, particularly if they are walking or cycling to their station or stop.
- Using public transports helps reduce injuries and fatalities caused by car accidents.
- Provides accessible transport for people regardless of demographics such as income or age.
- It is less stressful than driving in traffic or wasting time looking for parking.
- Public transport passengers are now also able to connect the City’s free WiFi at Rea Vaya bus stations+, providing you with the opportunity to sit back and relax while you catch up on emails, browse the net or chat with friends and family on the go.
Let Joburgs world-class public transport system and free WiFi work for you.